Sunday 11 November 2012

My Magazine Demographics


For my music magazine I have chosen a small demographic range for students age 16-20 both male and female. These students are within band E. As I have picked 'Pop' music as my genre this has alot of versatility within the genre that I can use for the magazine to appeal to both sexes.
            A reason I have chosen the age range I have is the fact that the audience we are trying to relate to are students. Whether this being college, sixth form or university money is limited and not as available as it is for working class people with a constant income. With the fee's of education rising there is even more need for students to be saving money therefore I would be pricing my magazine at £2.00. As well as looking at other magazine prices I also took a small survey myself, of students in the age range 16-18 to see how much the limit would be that they would pay for a music magazine. I have chosen also to have the magazine be published once a month, therefore if they bought an issue every month that is only £24 a year which is reasonable compared to magazines such as Vogue or Elle, fashion magazines. People pay up to £50 a year for these magazines, therefore students will find this alot more acceptable for a magazine purchase. Potentially saving 50p a week for a magazine they will thoroughly enjoy and could win prizes from in my opinion is very good.
            Within my music magazine I would include advertisements for winning things such as iPods or tickets to a festival/concert as these appeal to the target audience as they possibly wont be able to buy these things because they are so much money. Therefore encouraging them to enter the competition as well as buying the magazine itself. I have chosen to aim for both sex audiences as it will maximise the sales of the magazine and it also gives more variety and choice in colour and design when putting the magazine together.

No comments:

Post a Comment